Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I can't weech it, too Big

I was having an amazingly fantastic day...Timothy and Aidan were finished with their school work and ran off to play outside. I was getting caught up on editing, Chris was FINALLY getting some overtime and all was right with the world!
       Kateline is 2 and LOVES to play dress up...well really she loves getting dressed and undressed all day long. She found a dress and her sister Madeline's purse and she announced she was going shopping!
So playing along, I waved bye and told her to have a good time...and she headed out to the back yard to go "shopping". I heard Timothy ask her if he could go shopping too. They are so cute and sweet..*sigh* how I love my kids!

Aidan came inside red and sweaty from the trampoline..asking me if he could play one of his math games because they were playing "baby games".  Sure, I mean he was done with his schoolwork and it is educational.

Then I hear Timothy saying " Come quick, it's an emergency".
I run into the front of the house, to the front bedroom. I see Timothy standing outside the bedroom door....no Kiki.
As I walk towards him he starts talking..."We were playing dress up and shopping and I left for work because I am the Daddy...so I locked the door". I see little fingers under the door....

I realize he locked her inside the bedroom. It's one of those twist locks that locks from the inside.
"Kiki it's ok mama's going to get the key and unlock the door...ok baby girl". I run to my purse to look for my keys...moving the empty gum wrappers out of the way...my hands move around frantically inside..searching the pockets...no keys. I turn to Timothy and notice he is chewing my gum...
"did you guys get into my purse?"
"We needed stuff to fill Kiki's purse for our shopping trip"
"What about my keys? Did you take my keys?"
"Kiki has them, she was going shopping"

Kateline has them....KATELINE HAS THEM...
I run back to the front bedroom, "Kiki do you have Mommy's keys?"
"I don't hap them"
"Look in your purse Kiki, maybe they are in there?" I hear some shuffles.
"No Mama I don't hap your keys"
"Kateline can your reach the door knob?"
"I can't weech it, too big"
I run around the outside and try all the windows..locked.

So I call Chris.."hey can you come home? Timothy has locked Kateline in the bedroom"
"I guess I have to, maybe I can get there and back and still get some overtime"
"I am sorry Chris..."
I walk back to the bedroom. Madeline, Aidan and Timothy are singing Itsey Bitsey Spider to Kateline through the bottom of the door.

I start cleaning up gum wrappers...MY KEYS!!!!!!
Just then I see my neighbor Ken about to knock on the door..."I brought you those suitcases you wanted to borrow"
"I have to unlock Kateline, Tim locked her in  the bedroom, Thanks Ken" I grab the suitcases and close the door. (He must think we are so weird).
I unlock Kateline and call Chris."Hey I unlocked her, you can turn around and go back to work"
I hug Kateline close. I give her a kiss. Then I see...THE GUM.



No comments:

Post a Comment